HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make agents contact SIM server

Look2
Occasional Visitor

Make agents contact SIM server

Hi !

Is it possible to make the HP agents to contact the HP SIM server when i deploy a new server?
so I don't have to go into hp sim and discover the servers that way. I would save me alot of time if it was possible to make the agents find the server instead.
4 REPLIES
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Make agents contact SIM server

Is there a reason that you can not use auto discovery (ip Ranges)?

If this is not possible you can pass the ip of your deployed server to the SIM server start a discovery action for his ip address.

Do you know that you also can deploy the agent from the SIM server.

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

In Discovery enable "Discover a system when an SNMP trap is received" and then you can make the final step of your build process send a test alert to HP SIM and it will be discovered.
Look2
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your replies.

We do have some bad experience about making HP SIM scan the network for new host. We also have alot of WAN connections so scanning ip range is an good option.

But the "send a snmp trap" option sounds like it could be something good. Can you point me to some material to read about that?
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

https://your_sim_server:50000/mxhelp/mxportal/en/op-admin-discovery-general-settings.html

The link is from HP SIM V6.1.

Options->Discovery->Configure general settings

Thanks to David