1753614 Members
6049 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Managed Server trouble, changed IP Address

MC Murphy
Frequent Advisor

Managed Server trouble, changed IP Address

On a managed Windows Server 2003 server I installed the PSP, did quite a bit of configuring' then realized it was set to DHCP. I gave it its correct fixed address. Now System Management Homepage starts successfullly when pointed to 127.0.0.1, but if I point it to the real IP or the host-name (now that it's dns entry is correct) it says "IE can't display the web page, you're maybe not connected to the Internet", etc. I'm thinking that old IP is stuck away in a configuration somewhere doing this, but I can't find where yet. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Managed Server trouble, changed IP Address

That sounds more like IE isn't connected correctly. Looks like it may be trying to go outside for an internal address.
You might want to check what addresses etc IR has configured to bypass the poxy.
MC Murphy
Frequent Advisor

Re: Managed Server trouble, changed IP Address

I can point this server to any other of my HP servers, all in the range 10.1.5.x just like this one, and it finds them all - various certificate warnings, but they show up. But point it to itself, 10.1.5.4, it says "not connected, etc." It pings successfully 10.1.5.4, its own name, localhost, 127.0.0.1.