HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Home page

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Management Home page

I just downloaded and installed the Manangment Home page.....when I log into it ....it just tells me the server is running fine...there are no boxes (catagories) that offer detials info about system components

help ? thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

Hers a pinch to grow an inch
3 REPLIES
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Re: Management Home page

Hi,

First, Have u installed all the agents from the PSP.
Second, Have u installed SNMP and configured it?

SNMP needs to be configured properly for the agents to display the data properly.

Regards
Sins
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I have installed the PSP and thanks things look more like I remember they are supposed to...... I am having some navigational difficulties ..there is another netadmin that uses this box alot and I am not sure he has caused this ...but when I fire up the homepage it uses Firefox mozilla and not IE explorer ? the URL is 127.0.0.1:2381

Id I try to load agents and such I an told I need IE Explorer 5.0 or better .....so I cant access certian parts of the utility.... any Ideas whats up with that ?
Hers a pinch to grow an inch
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Regarding ur firefox coming up while browsing to SMH may be because u have selected firefox as ur default browser.

SMH has to work on any browser >= IE6 and firefox 2.0. It has to show all the agents data perfectly.

Regarding ur agent boxes not seen in the home page I think so it is the problem with the snmp settings.

If snmp settings are properly set the agents data will be shown, without any problems.