Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751939 Members
4884 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Management Processor Icon Missing From Collection Views!

gman77
Occasional Contributor

Management Processor Icon Missing From Collection Views!

Hi All,

I have a strange issue I was wondering if anyone has seen.  A few weeks ago, my Management Processor icons disappeared from my servers collection views.  The MPs are still associated with the server, but for some odd reason, not showing!!  When I hover my cursor over the MP column, it just says "No Management Processor detected"... but clearly it is detected!! 

HP support has been less than helpful.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I don't want to reinstall!!!

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Which version of SIM do you use? I use the 7.4 version and have not seen this but have heard people have this problem in the 7.4 version.

Kind regards,

Andrew
gman77
Occasional Contributor

I'm using 7.4.. update 1 w/ april 15 hotfix.

I've basically tried everything I can think of to resolve!  Not sure if it's a front-end server end with the app .jars or a backend DB problem. 

n0kia
Valued Contributor

Does the ilo show up in the SMH on the top right?

When you identify the Host,  does the identify output say

"Normal: Identification can get the system information from the ProLiant
SNMP Foundation agents for servers. "

If you delete the host,ilo, and do a rediscovery of the host, does it bring in the iLO?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you look at the ILO, in the screenshot the ILO is linked in the server so the link looks oké. If you click on the server name do you see the ILO as a part the server?
Kind regards,

Andrew
gman77
Occasional Contributor

Yea, iLO shows up in the SMH.  When I identify, it is able to retreive info via SNMP (though I don't use the HP SMNP agents).

If I delete a host and respective MP, then rediscover the host it does bring back in both the host and the MP... however, the icon is still missing from the collection view and it still says "No management processor discovered in server".  

gman77
Occasional Contributor

Andrew, I do see iLO when I click on the server...

Capture3.JPG

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

That is strange, smells like a bug, my setups all work just fine but they all are clean instalations due to problems in certain fields. Is your setup a clean or upgraded one?
Kind regards,

Andrew