Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753797 Members
7000 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Management Processor choice in menues missing?

Jonas Back_2
Super Advisor

Management Processor choice in menues missing?

It says in the SIM user guide that when a Management Processor (iLO) has been discovered it should add "Management Processor" on the Tools and Configure menues in SIM. We have iLO's discovered (they are even "green") but still don't have these menues that enables you to upgrade firmware etc.

What could be wrong? Tried logging out/in from SIM. Running 5.0 with SP5.

In the manual it says: "New menu items are displayed in HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM) after management processors are discovered."
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Management Processor choice in menues missing?

ILO Firmware is updated from the VCA, you'll need to download the latest Online update into your VC repository.
I'm not aware of any options within HPSIM itself for managing ILO's.
If things are set up correctly it does match up the ILO to the host.
If you click on the server name in HPSIM there's a tools tab there that provides a link to the ILO homepage.
Jonas Back_2
Super Advisor

Hi, thanks for helping out!

As I thought because I've never seen these choices in the menu.

I've checked the VC Repository and it has the latest ProLiant Support Pack (7.51A) downloaded. When I from SIM go to Deploy -> Deploy Software, Firmware and Agents -> Install Software and Firmware...

I see a lot of software/drivers but no ILO Firmware. Is this because 7.51A doesn't contain any ILO Firmware?

I guess I should download older versions that might include an updatet ILO FW. Correct?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

No, the ILO Firmware is not included in the PSP's.
If you go to:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html

Select the OS in the bottom section, you can either leave the ALl categories or select the relevant section. You'll find the latest ILO Online Update (v 1.87) It will also be a cp00nnnn.exe file.

I've structured my VCRM so that I a top level directory with separate sub-directories for PSP's and one for non-softpaq material. The VCRM points to the top level directory.

If the VCRM can see the the files it will automatically add them to the repository and you'll be able to deploy them.
The same is true of System and Array BIOS online updates.
Timmy Ho
Occasional Advisor

For some reason when you do automatic discovery for the first time you get this on the DL380 G3 servers. Delete the server and management processor from SIM and try to Discover it manually. When you will see the management processor next to the server. Or at least under the properties.