1752592 Members
3119 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Management Processor does not appear on SMH for server

DEJones_1
Advisor

Management Processor does not appear on SMH for server

I have over 1600 servers to manage. Most will display both the Management Processor information and the iLO link on the left margin, but a few will display neither. Updating the PSP version on the server has no affect. My thought is that it might be a firmware version issue. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
DJinVA
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The cause almost universally is a non-installed or problematic iLO driver. Investigate a couple of these machines for the iLO driver by checking Device Manager.
DEJones_1
Advisor

I have checked two different servers and both are showing a listing for a Multifunction Adapter with HP ILO Management Channel Interface Driver installed. Under System Devices I see HP Proliant iLO Advanced Management Controllers. Still no reference to the iLO or MP on the SMH.

Thanks
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Are you sure, that the SNMP service is properly configured? Set the private rights to "read/create" and the public to read only.

And as you mentioned multifunction drivers, that means G4 (500) or G5 servers so - check what happens with the 1.43 ilo firmware.

Regards,
DEJones_1
Advisor

I have checked the SNMP settings and they are consistent across all servers. In some respects, firmware would be a logical assumption, but when you look at the issue, this affects multiple servers of multiple generations but not all in the same generation.

Thanks for your repsonse.

Dennis