cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Processor shows '!' in SIM

Ryan Bess
Advisor

Management Processor shows '!' in SIM

I have connected the ILO port on our HP servers. When i go to re-identify those serves in SIM to find the newly attached Managment Processor it shows the "!" in SIM...thus sim is saying it's not plugged in. When I go to the SMH, the home page shows it as plugged in. I've tried to delete the device in SIM then re-adding it back but SIM still says the MP is unplugged. How do I get SIM to discover the MP? Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks!
5 REPLIES
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: Management Processor shows '!' in SIM

You'll have to discover both the server and the iLO in SIM to manage them. Moreover, the server's major status is not always attributed to the iLO status. How many NIC's do you have on the server and how many are connected? The status of the server will be Major even if one of the NIC's is not connected to a network.
Ryan Bess
Advisor

The status of the server is good. It's just the managment process (MP) Column that shows up as '!' with the white circle around it (not a triangle). When i hover over the MP column it says "No managment processor discovered in server." It's like SIM can't see that the MP is plugged in when in reality it is. The SMH does find the MP.

Thanks.
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Ok, did you discover the management processors in SIM? You can run an automatic discovery task with all the management processor's ip address in the IP inclusion range and do the same.
Ryan Bess
Advisor

Yeah that was my problem. Sorry for not posting the fix. I thought SIM and it's agents were smart enough to when you do an identify to discover the MP as well.

Thanks
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The ILO needs to be configured to allow SNMP access with the correct community names as well.
Once done try running an ID task for both the server and associated ILO at the same time.