New Discussion юеВ

Management Processor to Server Association

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rune Darrud
Occasional Advisor

Management Processor to Server Association

Hello,

I've setup a couple new HP DL385 G6 servers.
I've firmware upgraded them to iLO2 version 2.00 and 2.01 so I can get nice IPMI integration with VMware since I use ESXi 4.1 and the other lot.
The servers were bought with IC license, and the iLO's has been registered with advanced licenses(apparently thats what ye get ;-P ).

However, in HP-SIM, version 6.1, I am unable to link server to iLO, aka MP to Server.
I'm using the same shortname HP knows the server object as, in iLO2(and it has full info on the server, that bit works with WBEM etc). HP-sim reports this error:
----------------------
The discovered management processor is not associated with its server. Verify that the supported management processor firmware version is installed
----------------------

In HP-sim, both iLO and servers, are discovered, but they are not linked. I've tried the following:
- Delete iLO's, rediscover
- Delete Server objects, rediscover
- Reset iLO's, delete, rediscover
- Firmware upgrade to iLO2 2.00 and 2.01
- Import license to License manager, its however unable to see the advanced license it has on it... (even after reset of iLO)

Any ideas? I wish HP-sim wouldnt be so square regarding this ;-P
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Management Processor to Server Association

SIM gets the server serial number from iLO thru
https:///xmldata?item=all

(Also HTTP and HTTPS needs to be enabled in SIM Options->Protocol Settings->Global Protocol Settings)
Rune Darrud
Occasional Advisor

Ah, it appears I only get this output:

While on servers where it work, the serial number and so on is displayed.

How can I work to resolve it?
Rune Darrud
Occasional Advisor

I had turned off this setting in iLO2 to prevent it looking for the SMH which is not available for the server.

Level of Data Returned under Administration -> settings -> Management -> Configure Insight Manager Integration. I had set this to Disabled.

Issue solved!
Rune Darrud
Occasional Advisor

See my post above.