1753472 Members
4679 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Management processor not accociating to server

Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Management processor not accociating to server

I'm moving from a SIM 5.3SP1 to a new SIM 6.3 server. I copied over my discovery settings, and reset up my accounts and views, and all is working well, except that my management processors are not associated with the server.

All of the management processors are detected by the new SIM CMS, and states in the name that it's in the server that is also in SIM, but the MP sphere is missing from the server.

I've edited both the server and the iLo to point to the new server, and updated the snmp trap destinations.

Any suggestions? I included the screen shot of one of the systems.

Thanks in advance,
Jerame
5 REPLIES 5
Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Sorry - Didn't look like it uploaded my screen shot.

Jerame
shocko
Honored Contributor

It looks like the assoication is there alright. Make sure that ilo is returning full xml data and re-identify everything
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Tobias Schulze
Occasional Advisor

Discovering the iLO first and than the server might also help (See the note on the Discovery page).
Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Hi Shcko and Tobias,
The xml data looks good, and I deleted both the server and the ilo, and then rediscovered them, one at a time, ilo first, and still no luck!

I'm also starting to see some issues with my SW spheres (VCA) starting to show the information icon. I have some sites with three or four servers, and one of them will report correctly, and the others have the info icon. I click on it, and it says error communicating with VCA. I ran the command to increase the time our (mxglobalsettings -s http_request_timeout=60) and then ran the mxglobalsettings -ld http_request_timeout and verified that it was now at 60 seconds (from the default 15) and restarted SIM.

Reran discovery and still have 0 iLo's reporting in the MP sphere of my OS view, and have a large handful of VCA's not reporting.

I'm wondering if this can be corrected, or if I should nuke this and start over? :(
shocko
Honored Contributor

The screen shots hows that association is WOKRING???

I reference to the VCA not working, make sure the account used to access VCRM is at least a Operator in SMH and also that port 2301 is enabled in the settings for SMH ;)
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)