Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752372 Members
6112 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Manual Discovery

ace77

Manual Discovery

This is probably a simple question but bugging me. In previous versions of SIM, when doing a discovery for a single machine, there was a tab or section where you could do a manual discovery by just inputting the host name or IP address.

In 6.2, I only see a choice of setting up a task schedule for discovery. I know I can just setup a disabled scheduled task for the single machine and then run it changing the name of the machine to discover everytime but it was much simpler to do so in the previous version.
4 REPLIES 4
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

if the UI does not meet your needs, use the cli on the cms server, open a dos prrompt and use mxnode command : mxnode -a -n name of the node to add if I remember well

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/info-library51/mxnode.1m.html

I personnally find it easier that way :-)

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

I agree. I believe in SIM 6.0 when you create a new discovery task it just gives you a choice of a single system or multiple systems
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

sorry made a mistake : mxnode -a name of the server is enough :-)
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

How does one specify a user name and password for WBEM identification? We turn off the global credentials because if left on, physcial servers will try to use WBEM for identification and this screws up data collection. A WBEM server shows different data than a SNMP server (for example CPU names and descriptions, OS description/name, etc). We only use WBEM for VMs...

Nelson