3578 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Manually install the new warranty and support contract system

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Manually install the new warranty and support contract system

Hello,

When I upgraded to SIM 5.1, I skipped the "warranty and support contract" option because I was not quite sure what it was and if I was ready for it yet.

Now that I understand it better, I would like to install it, after the fact, but cannot find a "setup.exe" for it....well, you know what I mean.

Does anyone know how to manually install just this option?

Thanks
Nelson
3 REPLIES 3
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: Manually install the new warranty and support contract system

Nevermind - I figured it out.

Did anyone else have the problem where installing this tool never finishes? It just hangs. There are 2 WScript.exe processes running and if you manually kill one of them, the install finishes and says "sucessful". Is that normal and OK or was I supposed to wait an long, long time for it to finish itself?

Nelson
Jeff Peil
Frequent Advisor

Nelson,
Would mind posting how you installed it and how you were able to get by that issue? I installed 5.1, fresh install, there wasn't an option to install the Warranty software. I am trying to install the packages from the Remote Software icon, but of course, of them just say "aborted" when I try to run them.
Thanks.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Sure.

Basically I just re-ran the SIM 5.1 setup utility. It prompts for a DB user name and password then displays the list of available packages to install. If the package is already installed (such as SIM and VCM in my case) they are disabled. I checked the box for the "Remote Support Software Manager" (right below HP Systems Insight Manager) and finished the install.

Nelson