cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Remote Firmware & Software update

Aaron.S
Frequent Advisor

Mass Remote Firmware & Software update

I'm looking for the procedure in how to go about updating all the firmware on our HP hardware, blades, enclosures, etc. Some of the pieces could be as much as a couple years out of date.

I understand there is some way to do this in HP SIM, but it wasn't elaborated beyond the point.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you.

-Aaron
2 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Mass Remote Firmware & Software update

The preferred method is the BladeSystem Firmware Deployment Tool. You can read more about it as the 'ProLiant Management Tip of the Month' in the ISS Technology Newsletter at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01452285/c01452285.pdf
Aaron.S
Frequent Advisor

Re: Mass Remote Firmware & Software update

Thank you, that does look as if it'll do the job. I wont be able to get to it for another month or so.

I had been hoping for an HP SIM / Altiris solution, just as it reduces the amount of new things to learn. Haha.

We do have full iLo2 advanced licensing, so the Remote Insight Board Command Language (RIBCL) deployment option will likely be the route taken unless there's a different implementation to be suggested.

I'm not too clear on the bladebundles, but I guess I'll just have to bunker down and do some extra reading.

Thank you,

-Aaron