Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751750 Members
5282 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Mass deploy of new HP SIM agent in the datacenter ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Mass deploy of new HP SIM agent in the datacenter ?

Hi Everyone,

I have successfully installing the new HP SIM v6.3 after shutting down the old HP SIM v5 in my datacenter, and now the question is, how to update the whole Server agent all at once ?

does it needs a restart or manual uninstall one by one followed by restart ?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Best regards,
7 REPLIES 7
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Mass deploy of new HP SIM agent in the datacenter ?

Not following - if the agents were configured for the old CMS then all you should need to do is run the Configure Repair Agents task to set the SNMP settings, SMH Certificate Trust and VCRM. If you use SSH then push a new hostbased config.

Outside of that, you'd probably need to supply some more spefic information of what you are asking.
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Well what I need is to reconnect all of the existing servers agent into the new server as the old server was decommissioned due to the hardware failure.
Best regards,
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

After all the servers are discoved just run Configure Repair Agents as I described - that should take care of it.
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Many thanks for the response, so if the agent needs to be updated, does that method also update the HP SIM agent automatically or do I have to perform whole domain / ip range scan with HP Software Update Manager ?

and then manually restart the server one by one ?
Best regards,
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The Agents are separate from HPSIM. If they're out of date then it does pay to update them to the latest PSP.
That would require a reboot of all of the servers as there are drivers etc. included in the PSP.
The PSP can be configured before deployment, this can include the new certificate from HPSIM as well as the location of the VCRM if that has changed.
HPSIM doesn't need the agents to be updated to work though. It will happily get traps etc. from older agents.
But you will still need to re-establish trusts. You'll also either need to update SNMP or WBEM subscriptions to point to the new HPSIM server so that it receives the traps.
Server-Support
Super Advisor

ah IC so the HP-SIM agent (PSP) update must and can only be deployed through HP-SIM not through HP SUM ?

I'll finish the HP-SIM repair first and then post another thread if necessary.

Thanks,

AWT
Best regards,
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Conclusion:

1. The new HP-SIM server can register the whole datacenter server with the old agent by performing the "repair" function.

2. The new PSP agent deployment must be deployed from the new HP-SIM not using HP SUM.
Best regards,