1753599 Members
6196 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mgnt s/w for multiple clients

dpsystems
Occasional Contributor

Mgnt s/w for multiple clients

Looking for some advice and to be pointed into the right direction..

We are a IT company that remotely supports around 50 SME Clients, each of these clients has 1 or 2 servers. Al the servers are Compaq/HP Proliant ML 330тАЩs, 350тАЩs and some 370тАЩs.

The serverтАЩs have either Windows 2000 or Windows 2003, the OS was installed using the latest Compaq Smart Start at that time.

From each of the servers we have the standard HP/Compaq mgnt software installed, this is what we use to manage / view errors, problems, raid arrays etc, however, this is done manually by one us remotely dialling into the server over the internet using PC Anywhere then simply logging into the server and opening the Homepage Mgnt software.

What Software does HP suggest we could possibly use to manage something like this. We are looking for nothing complicated, we need the servers to do simple things, for example if a Drive fails in a Raid Array we would like it to email us so we can take action.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

HP Systems Insight Manager will do all these things and more. And it is free.
Start with
"Getting started with HP SIM 5.0 in a smaller Windows environment" http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim-win.pdf

See also information library docs
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/infolibrary.html
dpsystems
Occasional Contributor

Thats the answer i was looking for, already started downloading it

Thanks
dpsystems
Occasional Contributor

Sorry one more question i cant seem to find the answer.

We have a spare HP Proliant ML 110 Server, can i use this server at our office to install the master SIM server to manage all the other clients.

Cheers
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can.
Actually you can install HP SIM Central Management Server even on desktop with Windows XP.

Proliant support pack isn't supported for install on any 100 series proliant, but it is not required for HP SIM Central Management Server.
dpsystems
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, more help getting started please.

I have install SIM mgnt Server onto our ML150 server and it runs fine.

However i get problems when trying to "configure or Repair Agents" I enter the details as detailed on page 19 the hit the run now and it comes back with the following error:

Server : ipaddress

Deatils: Failed to configure SSH for host based authen configuration to com ssh failed for node :ipaddress : connection refused.

I have tried the user and password for the windows 2003 domain and also the user deatails for the HP Mgnt Page locally on the server.

Is their a way i can reset the user logon details for the snmp/hp mgnt page / etc etc.

Thanks

Roger