Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753455 Members
6140 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Migrating the HP SIM v6.3 SQL Server Database from one server to another SQL Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Migrating the HP SIM v6.3 SQL Server Database from one server to another SQL Server

Hi,

Can anyone here please share me the steps that I need to take to successfully migrate the HP SIM v6.3 SQL 2008 database into the SQL Server 2012 on different server ?

Because I'd like to uninstall the current HP SIM v6.3 and install the new version 7.4 and still re using the existing hardware information.

Thanks,

Best regards,
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Migrating the HP SIM v6.3 SQL Server Database from one server to another SQL Server

Hello again,

You can't move the 6.3 sql database to a sql 2012 server, you need SIM 7.1 at least for sql 2012 support. You could perform a migration to 7.0 and then to 7.1. Then you can copy the database to a new sql 2012 database.

Now you need to edit some config files to point to the new database. You can find info on changing the datebase name or location. https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=XyNeVbryFsj1UOa-gWg&url=http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display%3FdocId%3Demr_na-c03225518&ved=0CB0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFiTpMGe33BV0g6FImZ9QdUEBGWLw&sig2=NqD0rHjU5dhVVQChorCrHA

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Andrew,

So in that case there is no other way to reuse the existing data in the old HP SIM v6.3 (SQL 2008) apart from manually exporting it to a text file one by one and then reimporting it on the new HP SIM v7.4 (SQL2012) ?

is there any KB article for that ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

As mentioned in the last post, you can do a two way upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0 to 7.4. If you read the documentation of each version see the max migration update version. If you need more info let me know.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Thanks Andrew, that's enough for me to continue on.

Best regards,