Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753844 Members
7404 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Migration: New SNMP trap destination

Matt Winer

Migration: New SNMP trap destination

We are currently running CIM7 and are going to be upgrading to SIM. But it is going to be on a new server. Is there any automated way for our Windows machines to change the SNMP trap destinations? I would like to remove the current destination and replace it with the new one.

Can it be done though CIM/SIM or a script, WMI, etc.

Thanks!!

-Matt
6 REPLIES 6
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Migration: New SNMP trap destination

Yes, after you upgrade to SIM you can modify the trap destinations on one of the servers and use the SIM "Replicate Agent Settings" task to copy the SNMP configuration to the other servers.
Ivan KOVAC
Respected Contributor

Hello

Ivan

If you have established Trust Relationship in your CIM7 environment I suggest that you now, when everything work add the new one trap destination (in the way wich Joel write). Later when you sucessfuly migrating on HP SIM you will remove the old one.

I.
Pootch
Frequent Advisor

This did not work for us.. 

We can only replaced settings to managed Servers. 

But many of the discovered Servers are marked as unmanaged. In the old HP Sim they are marked as managed.

Buggsy
Advisor

I coud have swore this happened durring the discovery phase. Do you have an account with admin rights to those machiens? That shoudl be the account the discovery runs under.

Pootch
Frequent Advisor

Hi.

Yes i have used an admin account for discovery.

Buggsy
Advisor

When you create or edit a discovery, there is a "Configure/Repair" button. This is where if you are running the discovery with an admin account you can change the SNMP, subscribe to WBEM events, and install a certificate. I think this is what you need.