5901 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mismatch between VCA and SIM status

Matt Finnigan
Advisor

Mismatch between VCA and SIM status

My frustration with this suite of tools is mounting :->

I have a DL360 that SIM Advise and Repair said had two VCA problems (and no other problems) :
The Version Control Agent (VCA) on the system(s) is not configured to use a Version Control Repository Manager (VCRM), and so cannot determine if there is software or firmware available to install.

There is no software or firmware data stored for the system(s), but it appears that the system(s) have the necessary agents to report this data.

Upon inspection of the VCA settings on the managed server, it wasn't using the proper account to get to the VCRM. I fixed it and the local agent says it checks out good. On the SIM, I have since run Software Polling against this managed server, and from Quick Launch I did an Identify Systems, and then went into Manage Communications and did an Update, and then an Advise and Repair.

It's still showing the same problems with the VCA. The actual VCA (from SMH) on the managed system is still telling me it's fine.

What am I doing wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
Rider
Trusted Contributor

Hi Matt,

Can i know what version of HP SIM you are running, If it is only HP SIM 5.2 : they is an problem with that. The problem in resolved in HP SIM 5.2 update 1, you can the find more the information under

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows.html#windows
A Real man makes his own luck
Matt Finnigan
Advisor

Oh gosh. Yeah, I'km running 5.2, no update. Was not aware that there was an update already...
Rider
Trusted Contributor

There is already an update is avaliable for this problem.

Don't forget to assign the points.....
A Real man makes his own luck
Matt Finnigan
Advisor

That did not change the behavior I'm seeing. I installed the small hotfix from that page (SIM52_hotfix-win.exe) that said it addressed this issue, not the large upgrade. Was the one I applied the one you were referring to?
JasonWoerner
Frequent Advisor

I'm seeing the same issue with many servers. I'm running 5.02.02. Is this fixed or not?