Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753842 Members
8263 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Missing info in HP System Management Homepage

Missing info in HP System Management Homepage

Hi!

When I log on to SMH, I don't get any information and System Model says "NULL" - see attached file.

Please help!

Jens
7 REPLIES 7
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Missing info in HP System Management Homepage

Well you seem not to have HP Agent working not install or service not running, and if everything is running then in HP Agent in the controle panel all items there is no active agent or corupt
Cindy Osborn
Valued Contributor

I've had this issue too on some servers. One scenario where this has happened is where I have update the SMH and the VCA agent without the reboot. So in this order I would restart the services - SMH, vca, SNMP (HP agents must depend on the SNMP service), SMH, vca. I don't know why I had to restart the smh & vca at the before and after snmp & the hp agents but when I didn't do this it didn't fix the issue. Also you do not have a read-write snmp community string configured. SIM doesn't need this but the HP agents need this internally to communicate.

Hope this helps.
Rita Salim
Occasional Advisor

I have this similar issue on 2 servers, it also show the system model as unknown. But the weird thing is the home page shows the NIC and storage agents condition. The rest of the components are missing. When I click on the setting tab, the SNMP Webagent is missing. The Tasks tab is missing too.
I checked the snmp setting the community name is set as public and read and create. But still the same.
I tried to remove the smh, the management agent, version control agent and snmp also. Reboot the server and then reinstall the snmp, vesion control agent , management agent and smh. But still the same. Any idea why it only shows the NIC and storage from the home page, why the rest didn't show up.
I checked the service, the foundation agent and the rest are all started. I tried to restart the SNMP service. But still the same.
Running out of idea?
Lisandro Dugarte
Frequent Advisor

I have a similar problem with two servers. I can see HW Status and SW status, but in MP status I only see a message "not management processot discovered".
The management processor is shown but not associated with his server.
Any suggestion?
Lisandro Dugarte
Frequent Advisor

I have a similar problem with two servers. I can see HW Status and SW status, but in MP status I only see a message "not management processot discovered".
The management processor is shown but not associated with the server.
Any suggestion?

Hi everybody

I simply downloaded HP Insight Management Agents 7.80.0.0 and installed it!

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26963.html

This version works with HP System Management Homepage v2.1.7.168

Jens
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

this is what the fix is for this version:
Disk space usage percentage displays low incorrect amount when large size array is near full (roughly 75% full)
Remote Insight Information Agent is not active when agent installed on drive other then c:\
Processor correctable error threshold trap not sent.
Mibstatus array value is shown degraded with Riloe card installed.