4275 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Missing information on hp sim

AZayed
Super Advisor

Missing information on hp sim

Dears,

I installed the latest hp sim 7.4 on Linux server and monitored multiple G8 servers over ilo and snmp.

I got CPU information from only one server. I got nothing from others. Even I put the same snmp settings on all servers.

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

For Gen8 or newer you need to monitor and collect software and firmware information by configuring the ILO and AMS (Agentless Management service) you need to set the SNMP config to any read community you have configured in SIM like public, trap also to public. Set the SNMP trap destination to your SIM server. Once this is set reidentify your ILO and SNMP will be added to your protocol list for this ILO. Once this is done SIM will run a data collection for your ILO and add the info it found to your server like bios ILO array controller firmware. If this does not happen delete your server and ILO and only run the Discovery for your ILO. This should also add the server without credentials but with the needed information. Be sure that no other Discovery tries to rediscover your server with any
Credentials as this will delete the info you just got from the ILO in a few days or discovery runs.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

In addition, don't forget to set the send hostname instead of ILO name if you want your traps to attach to the host instead of the ILO.
Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Andrew,

When you say about configuring SNMP, out of interest do you mean in the O/S or do you mean in the ILO?

Or is it both?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I mean the SNMP for the ILO, together with the Agentless Management Service software installed on your OS you can discover firmware, drivers and agent versions. This only works on Gen 8 and 9.

If needed i can post what you need to configure and where.
Kind regards,

Andrew
AZayed
Super Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your help. It worked. How I can schedule automatic data collection?

Thanks
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Datacollection is triggered when new credentials are added. By default datacollection is sheduled once every 2 weeks. You can change this shedule to once a week or more often. Be aware that if you monitor a large datacenter datacollection can take quite a while. Hou can change existing tasks under the menu Tasks and Logs and choose View all Sheduled tasks and scroll down to the Bi Weekly Data Collection.
Kind regards,

Andrew