108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Missing two items from latest HP Service Pack

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Missing two items from latest HP Service Pack

I downloaded the latest HP Service Pack and added it to my VCRM.  It tells me it is invalid because it is missing two ZIP files:

cp013802.symbols.zip

cp013803.symbols.zip

I checked the contents of the ISO and those files do not exist.  I also checked the last version (from late 2013) and they are not there either.

I have search the web and HP's FTP site and cannot find these zip files to download other than some questionable FTP redirect site that I do not trust (and did not work anyways).  Do I hack the XML file to remove them from the catalog so that I can use this Service Pack in VCRM?

6 REPLIES 6
PrzemekK
Frequent Advisor

i have same issue
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

I went back and looked at the original contents of the ISO I downloaded (before I added it to the VCRM folder) and those entries were NOT in the original XML file. I have no idea how they go in there. I blew away my entire VCRM and re-added the support pack and now I see no errors for missing symbols ZIP files.

Nelson
schap25
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the posts, I was seeing the same issue.
hws3rd
Regular Visitor

To Whom It May Concern,

I too was encountering this same problem. After attempting to correct it with the indicated solution of rebuilding the repository three or four times and NOT getting the desired result I went looking for another solution and I think I found something offered by none other than HP itself. Check out the following link:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/mostViewedDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_efb5c0793523e51970c8fa22b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Dmmr_kc-0115741-12%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.tpst=efb5c0793523e51970c8fa22b053ce01&sp4ts.oid=1121486&ac.admitted=1396...

There are a couple of mistakes in it but basically it would seem to be straight forward. The  two problematic files named - CP013802.zip and CP013803.zip actually did NOT have "0's" after the "P" and the bp00XXXX files within which these were to be found in was not comprehensive enough. By this I mean the document did not take into account that it is conceivable that instead of using the full fledged .iso of the latest HP SPP perhaps system administrators are only working with either just the Red Hat Linux OS specific .iso or the Windows OS specific .iso which would have differently named bp00XXX files.

It's too early to tell if this is a viable solution as I just made the necessary modifications but I presume I will learn if this works in the next 24 hours. But I hope this information was helpfull to all concerned. Cheers!  

hws3rd
Regular Visitor

To Whom It May Concern,

So I have returned here to inform you that the other HP posted solution that I referred you all to did NOT actually work for me. After having made the appropriate modifications in the bp00287.xml ( I am using the Windows OS .iso) file to delete the problematic CP013802.symbols.zip and CP013803.symbols.zip files and saving these changes I still have an invalid support pack indicated within the VCMR. I am now thinking that perhaps it is in the manner in which I am attempting to accomplish that this is the root of my problem. I will have to investigate further. If any of you have suggestions this would be appreciated as I am now rather frustrated. Thank you.  

Jeff_Solberg

I have the same issue. I removed the entries in the XML file and the (other) file. Restarted all services and re-scanned VCR and even though there are no cautions in the PSP now about missing files I still get ( Invaild Support Pack) in the VCRM. This stinks because the software status in the SIM will always be "UNKNOWN" rather than a green check like the rest..argggg....