3631 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Monitor C7000 Enclosure via HPSIM

Techwiz
Occasional Advisor

Monitor C7000 Enclosure via HPSIM

Hi All,

I need to monitor few of my C7000 Enclosures using HPSIM , i dont find any guides or how to's on the internet.

any official documentation or blog links would be very much helpfull.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Techwiz

4 REPLIES 4
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Run a discovery in HP SIM on the IP addresses of the Onboard Administrator modules in the enclosures. Don't forget in the Global Credentials list to add the admin accounts and passwords of the OA modules.

This will discover the enclosures. If you also want to monitor the blade servers in the enclosure you also have to run a discovery on the ILO's of thz blades...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Techwiz
Occasional Advisor

Hello Bart,

Thank you for you valuable suggestion, i was able to discover the enclosure along with the ILO's inside with the default administrator credentials , question now is what would be the rights required to continue monitoring all available resources from the enclosure , I cannot continue monitoring the enclosure using administrator credentials.

i would create a user in OA , continue monitoring using that account which should have least priviliges.

Please let me know minimum rights required for monitoring.

Regards

Techwiz

Techwiz
Occasional Advisor

So basically we have just 3 privileges , Administrator, Operator, User with user being the least with read only rights.

So can i create a new user with "User" priviliges ?

Will it continue to monitor the same way it is now with Administrator user ?

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Pure monitoring can happen even with SNMP, so without logging on into ILO... You can set also SNMP traps to be send from the ILO towards the SIM servers...

SIM does much more, like data collection and so on... For this you need user rights to connect to the ILO...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !