1753767 Members
5376 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitorign Veritas Clusters w/Sim

Arthur Goble
Occasional Advisor

Monitorign Veritas Clusters w/Sim

Is there a way to setup Sim to monitor veritas clusters? I'm looking for notifications when a cluster node fails to the other node and or when the cluster is not balanced.
5 REPLIES 5
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

HP Serviceguard Storage Management Suite
The HP Serviceguard Storage Management Suite is the latest addition to the HP-UX 11i high availability portfolio.
This suite of products combines the power of HP Serviceguard with the VERITAS Storage Foundation offerings by
Symantec to produce a comprehensive solution that offers proven availability, performance and manageability.
Seven product bundles are included in the Serviceguard Storage Management Suite - each to address different
customer mission critical requirements. Some products are specific for Oracle database environments and others
provide cluster file system manageability.
Additionally, the VERITAS File System and Volume Manager 4.1 capabilities described in the Data Management
section of this QuickSpec are also included in Serviceguard Storage Management Suite. Value-added utilities such
as the Oracle Disk Manager provide improved performance within file-system based environments; and for better
availability, the Dynamic Multi-pathing capability reduces downtime by enabling automatic I/O path failover.
The value of HP-UX 11i extends beyond the benefits gained through the Serviceguard Storage Management Suite.
Customers will be able to take advantage of these high availability-based solutions integrated with the HP Virtual
Server Environment to maximize resource utilization and improve ROI. Also, pre-integration with the HP-UX 11i
Mission Critical Operating Environment provides a quick-to-deploy solution.
For additional information regarding the HP Serviceguard Storage Management Suite.
Arthur Goble
Occasional Advisor

this looks more like a stand-alone system. Does it intigrate with Sim 5?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

1_HP Systems Insight Manager
1_1_Supporting software for managed systems
1_1_1_WBEM Providers to Support Inventory and Fault Management for Servers

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_hpux.html
Arthur Goble
Occasional Advisor

Thats exactly what I was looking for thanks!!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

No Problem don't forget to apply you re point and close the message.

HAve a nice day!