Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring MSCS (MS Clusters) with SIM5 - agent behavior

SOLVED
Go to solution
kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Monitoring MSCS (MS Clusters) with SIM5 - agent behavior

Since adding a couple of MSCS clusters in SIM5 SP3 I've been flooded with alerts - CPU crossing minor threshold seems to be a popular one. Looking at the SIM console, normal CPU monitoring is turned off. Therefore I assume this behavior has something to do with the cluster agent. However, I don't see a way to configure the agent. How do I control the thresholds the cluster agent is reporting on?
4 REPLIES
Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Monitoring MSCS (MS Clusters) with SIM5 - agent behavior

To workaround this issue you must change the threshold settings on the cluster nodes under
options | cluster monitor | node resource settings

by design you can not disable the thresholds or the polling cycle, nor will the threshold fields allow you to enter in duplicate values. At best you can set the following

Major - 100
Major reset - 99
Minor - 98
minor reset - 97

Available input for the polling cycle is 1 - 999.

An enhancement request has been made to either remove these options from SIM all together or to allow you to disable the thresholds and to have the default option as disabled.

Let me know if this helps.
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

+1 to request that these threshold warnings be disableable (is that even a word lol)

I have a bunch of 8 CPU systems in clusters that throw these warnings constantly at a customer site.
"Did you get that memo?"
kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Scott, exactly what I was looking for. Full points awarded!

Problem (disk treshold) still there in SIM 5.3 / Win-Agents 8.22

Still waiting...