Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move MSDE database files

Move MSDE database files

Hello,

I have two independent HP-SIM installations, one on a physical Proliant server and one in a virtual machine (ESX). Because a low memory and processor speed of my virtual partition,
I want to move the HP-SIM database files (insight, pmp, vmm) to the physical Server where the HP-SIM 5.1 SP1 and the MSDE is still running. After that action I will deinstall the MSDE from my virtual partition.
Are there any documents which describes the steps? There are documents which describes a similar action, moving from MSDE to SQL Server 2005, using tools that are not available after the MSDE installation.
2 REPLIES
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

Re: Move MSDE database files

Hi

The closest I can think of is the following :

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/management/hpsim/hpsim_51_migratingNewSystem.pdf

hope it helps

regards

fred
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov

Re: Move MSDE database files

Hello Fred,

that is exactly the document I meant in my question. It describes the export from the MSDE but import to a remote MS SQL 2000 database. The document describes the usage of the SQL Enterprise Manager for the import which I don't have after the HP-SIM installation using the MSDE. Is there no way to import the database files without that tools?

Best regards,

Bernd