1753929 Members
9025 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Move SQL 2005 Express database to new server

Haz Galanos
Frequent Advisor

Move SQL 2005 Express database to new server

I have been running HP SIM 5.3 for a few months and the DB has hit 4gb, therefore does not work.

I found the official HP documentation and followed the steps closely. I have checked the Database and it is fine, however I cannot establish a connection to SIM.

Following errors:
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler' com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database

I have logged a support call with HP and unbelievabley they tell me I am 'better of' reinstalling HP SIM all over again rather than trying to fix this problem.

Are they kidding me? I have over 350 devices, and they want me to start all over again?

What a joke. Is there anyone out there that can assist as HP have no idea how to support their own application.
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor

Try using a full copy of SQL 2005 from another server and using the enterprise manager to shrink the database. make a copy of the database before and after the shrink.

If you can then login into HP SIM then you must do one thing very quickly run now the sheduled task "Delete Events Older Than 90 Days" and also enable it as well.

I am assuming that it is the events that is taking up the disk space.

if this does not work then try deleting 2 or 3 servers from sim and this will delete the events for the servers as well. once SIM is back working then you can add the servers back in.

Hope this helps.
I had the same issue and HP were of no help as well. this worked for me.

steven
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

See "How to Move HP SIM SQL 2005 Database" from http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library
Haz Galanos
Frequent Advisor

Hi David,

This is the Doc I used to migrate the databse to another server. I used HP's recommendations, when the process failed, HP doesn't want to know about it.

Such a shame and disappointment.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Those are the instructions. I've personally used them several times without a hitch. Maybe you missed a step.
Haz Galanos
Frequent Advisor

I went rhough it several times to make sure. Then I handed it over to our SQL DBA. He cannot see an issue, other than he is not being asked for a username/password, and that there is nowhere for him to specify this.

Where inthe config file is this?