Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748162 Members
3654 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Multiple - Health Status Array Change Occurred (11020)

SOLVED
Go to solution
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Multiple - Health Status Array Change Occurred (11020)

I have a few servers which are filling the informational log file with lots of messages saying the following

Health Status Array Change Occurred (11020)

I found an advisory saying that this happens with with ilo 4 verion 1.22 or less, as in the link below

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03961195-1

Most of these servers have a higher version than 1.22, so the question is, Can i make sim just ignore this alert and not fill up the events with this alert?

Thanks

i've attached a screen shot of the errors i'm seeing

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

There also was an error with the agents on Windows 2003, i believe it was the 9.10 version see : http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Event-ID-1182-Foundation-Agent-A-Change-in-the-health-status-of/td-p/5691751

I've also edited the MIB file on the SIM server to stop handeling the event. Logon to SIm go to Options> Events > SNMP Trap Settings Select the cpqhost.mib from the first entry the select the trapname : cpqHoMibHealthStatusArrayChangeTrap en set the Enable Trap Handling to No.

Don't forget that every time you update the Mibs these settings get overwritten, this happens on software updates and hotfixes. Both contain MIB updates.

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Cheers Andrew,

Thats just what i was after

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Andrew,

Am I right in thinking that if we had a failed disk on the server, it wouldn't fall in the same criteria as this, so we would still get alerts for failed disks?

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Yes you are correct, the handling is only disabled for the events 11020, errors like failed disks etc are still processed.

Kind regards,

Andrew
shocko
Honored Contributor

Begs the question as to why the agents are even creating these traps? What purpse do they serve? They seem to be included in each relase of the agents. 

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

This was an error that i saw in the Windows 2003 9.10 version. The error was that there was a change in the controller. No error no oke, just a change. I filtered this event so that SIM will not clutter up but it is strange indeed.

Also read the following forum post :

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Event-ID-1182-Foundation-Agent-A-Change-in-the-health-status-of/td-p/5691751

Kind regards,

Andrew