1747999 Members
4458 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multiple Software Update tasks are hung

Chris_Coates
Advisor

Multiple Software Update tasks are hung

When I look under Major events, I have 6 software Update Tasks, some a year old, that show as in progress. If I look under Major Events they show as being in progress and I cannot delete them. I am unable to locate where they are in Tasks to kill them The server, running 7.2, has been rebooted and SIM even upgraded but they remain. How do I kil them? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Chris,

You could try a commandline option like mxtask -r to remove the task using the name of the task. I don't know if that works but could give it a go.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
Chris_Coates
Advisor

I do not see it under Tasks, so I cannot kill it. It shows up under Major Events.

See attached

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

If you delete the otter system i'dd asume all jobs associated with that system would also be deleted. Than readd the system and see what happens.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
Chris_Coates
Advisor

Since Otter is the SIM server, SIM wont let me delete it. I tried from the command line and from the SIM interface

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Chris,

that could also be a database problem, you could check if you have database problems. Make a backup of your sql database and run the following commanc : mxconcigrepo -c

this should do a check of the SIM database

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew