Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748144 Members
3484 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NIC Slot: HP requires that you apply a software ......

dirk wuestenbecker
Occasional Contributor

NIC Slot: HP requires that you apply a software ......

We got traps from machines like :
"NIC Slot: HP requires that you apply a software/firmware update, containing critical bug fixes, at your earliest convenience."
Problem is that everything in the VCA of these machines is green. I'm not sure how I have to handle this trap. Any proposals ?
5 REPLIES 5
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Re: NIC Slot: HP requires that you apply a software ......

Hi Dirk,

When you say that "everything in the VCA of these machines is green," are you looking at the "Support Pack Version" column or the "Latest Version" column? These alerts are triggered by changes in the latest versions of the software. Look for an orange icon in that latter column.

- Steve
dirk wuestenbecker
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steve,
thanks for your reply. Yes, the icon is only green on "Support Pack Version", on "latest version" the icon is orange.That means the trap is related to the latest version. If I have this latest version, I have to update this specific point (here NIC), if not then there is no action required. Hopefully I'm right.
Greets from Germany.
-Dirk
dirk wuestenbecker
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steve,
as you can see it in the attachment, the NIC entry is green under "Latest Version", but this machine sent a trap via Email (NIC ....). So I do not know by whome the trap was triggered. Could you explain it ? Sorry :-((

Best Regards

Dirk
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dirk,

That is strange. Are you sure that the alert was for the NIC drivers, and not for the System Management Homepage? I know that we have gotten alerts for the SMH since we haven't upgraded them yet.

- Steve
Peter A. Berger Jr.
Regular Advisor

I'm getting the same messages. However per the VCA settings -- wouldn't having this check-mark enabled only make the SMH look at the "Support Pack Version" column and not the "Latest Version" column???

"Reference Support Pack: ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server version 8.30"
and a check-box enabled for "When checked, software status is based on installed software's version matching exactly that software's version in the Reference Support Pack"