1752803 Members
5636 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need Evententry if Power Supply failed

Thauhtopa
Occasional Contributor

Need Evententry if Power Supply failed

I use a redundant Power Supply solution for my server (ProLiant DL380). If one Power Supply failed, I see the Major-Entry in the "System Overview" and in "All Systems", but there is no Entry in "All Events".
If the Power Supply repaired so exist no Major-Entry, that's OK, but there is no Entry in "All Events".
Current Example, last night we have an electrical power outage and I can not see this in the HP Insight Manager.
How and in witch application must I configure to obtain a Event-Entry if a electrical power outage occurred.
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Evententry if Power Supply failed

Most likely the reason for the HW status changing to 'Major' is the result of hardware status polling. That's how HP SIM detected that the system was in a fault condition, but it didn't know what it was--it just flagged that it needed attention.

In order to get actual events transmitted to HP SIM, SNMP trap destinations need to be configured. HP SIM makes it easy to do this with a process called 'Configure or Repair Agents' under the Deploy menu.
Thauhtopa
Occasional Contributor

Re: Need Evententry if Power Supply failed

I├в m so sorry
i'm not an expert for the HP SIM, can you please explain a little bit detailed.

My ambition is to see an electrical power outage in the event, please tell me the steps to configure that
for info: if the system not reachable, it is a Event-Entry ├в System is unreachable├в in the ├в All Events├в -List