1753649 Members
6027 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help with ASR Messages

Nico Sijtsma

Need help with ASR Messages

Hi,

I have several ASR messeges received last night. The last weeks we got some ASR's but last night we had 4 and this morning another 2.
Ive searched the internet and the HP forum and all i could find was " Check the Critical error Log". Can anyone tell me where i can find this log ? Ive also searched the internet for this but i cant find the Critical error Log anywhere.

We are running windows 2000 server with
veritas beckup exec
dns server
dhcp server
its an ML370 G2

I hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in advantage.

btw. the event logger isnt telling me anything.
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

You go in Home page management of you re server and you check log intergrate log.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24235.html
this is the software if you did not install it
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

the IML isn't always very descriptive about the error, but since it's a Windows server, more than likely you're getting a blue screen crash.

ASR is good and bad. The good, it does what its supposed to do, Reboot. Bad, is that it doesn't always allow the system to write a crash dump.

Check your C:\windows\minidump folder and see if there is a minidump there, or also C:\Windows\memory.dmp for the full dump. More than likely those will be more helpful in determining the reason for the ASR. You might need a crash analyzer tool to parse the dump files though.