5110 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New DL380 G5 shows "warning" in SIM 5, but are 100% OK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

New DL380 G5 shows "warning" in SIM 5, but are 100% OK

Hi,

Just purchased and built 3 new DL380 G5 servers, and after I added them to SIM5 (SP5) they all show up with warning errors. However when I go to the SM Homepage for each, they all report 100% no errors (all green checkmarks). These servers are running 7.51 support pack, but I know 7.6 is available. Since I have not had a chance to test that version yet, I would rather not roll that out yet.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Nelson
4 REPLIES 4
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: New DL380 G5 shows "warning" in SIM 5, but are 100% OK

Hello Nelson,

What kind of warning errors?
If you can attach screenshots?

SRH
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Thats the problem. There are no error messages on the servers in question. They should perfect health. But SIM5 is report on Orange warning indicator for it.

On a long shot, from previous experience, I disabled the iLO management agent, and that fixed it. However, I verified the iLO is connected (I was able to remotely connect to it and login). So something with iLO2 is not playing correctly with HP agents 7.51.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I have found a "workaround", not a solution. The iLO2 agent is reporting the error as once I disable it the warning indicator in SIM goes away. However, the iLO2 is connected and working fine. The only thing that does not work are the iLO Advanced licenese keys - the iLO2 refuses to accept those keys. But that is a differnt topic for a different day.
Christopher Knight
Frequent Advisor

FYI - I had the same problem.

Upgrading the management agents to 7.60A fixed this issue for us.

See link: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1065862
Christopher Knight