Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753774 Members
6531 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New HP SIM 5.3 Install on SQL Farm

DaGodfather

New HP SIM 5.3 Install on SQL Farm

I have an exsiting HP SIM 5.2 server working fine (with local SQL), however I would like to rebuild from scratch into a HP VM envirnoment and connecting to a new DB on a SQL Cluster. During Install there is no place to choose the DB. It asks for the SQL instance, Host and user name. A new DB was created on the SQL Cluster with access with a new user account however I have a feeling the install wants the an account for the instance and not the DB. What am I doing wrong. We have a SQL team assiting and both of us dont want to give rights to the instance, just the DB. what can I do? Does it need Admin rights to the SQL Server? Does it want to create the Database on its own?
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: New HP SIM 5.3 Install on SQL Farm

HP SIM is going to want to create the database. Are you hoping to try and create the database in advance? If so, I'm not sure that's going to work. Also the HPSIM install will want to create the PMP and VMM databases.
Newton S
Frequent Advisor

Re: New HP SIM 5.3 Install on SQL Farm

SIM (and other apps PMP,VMM,RDP) will create their own DB,

DB credentials provided during install should have SYSADMIN role assigned to it for the corresponding SQL Instance.