Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HPSIM install fails... error with DB??

SOLVED
Go to solution

New HPSIM install fails... error with DB??

Hi there

I am trying to install HPSIM on a different server, but when I do so the installation fails with the following detail in the c:\Program Files\hp\Systems Insight Manager\logs\initconfig.log

7. Database Configuration
Connecting to database...
Database initialization failed for URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://EM1:1433/Insight_v50_0_164521976;domain=CORPORATE;instance= Ex: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot open database requested in login 'Insight_v50_0_164521976'. Login fails.

Creating database 'Insight_v50_0_164521976'...
Creating schema 'schema40.sql' ...

Can someone please assist to determine what the cause of this failure may be? I have verified my Admin rights on the server, as well as within SQL. The actual Insight database is created just fine, so I cannot understand why the above errors occurred.

After the above errors, I then get a lot of warnings such as:
*** WARNING: FAILED the following SQL command:
====
CREATE index notice_st_dev_sv_index on notices(State, deviceKey, noticeseverity)
====
java.sql.SQLException: Column name 'deviceKey' does not exist in the target table.

Any help to try and clear this problem would be appreciated,
Regards
William R.
3 REPLIES
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: New HPSIM install fails... error with DB??

You will get those errors if you install SQL with a non default collation sequence. I would suggest creating a new SQL instance with the default collation sequence and installing SIM into that new instance.

Brilliant Joel, absolutely brilliant!!!!

Now that you mention it, this is coincidentally the only SQL Server I have that has to have a different SQL Collation for another application I run...

I will try to install to another SQL Server and see how that goes.

Thanks again!!

Cheers
William R.

Problem related to SQL Collation which was "non-standard" on my HP SIM Server. Installed HP SIM with SQL on alternative server, problem solved.