6052 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

New device found in SIM on server restart

Runninjock
Occasional Contributor

New device found in SIM on server restart

Hi all,
I'm in the midst of a PSP upgrade project on a collection of servers at my company. It's a wide variety of models (DL380 G4s, DL360 G4Ps, DL380 G5s) with PSPs at all different levels (some back in the late 7s), and I'm standardizing them on the latest PSP version, 8.20a. I've already successfully completed about two thirds of the installs, but have recently seen some odd behavior on a few of them. After installing the PSP on 2 of the machines and restarting them, an odd thing happened in SIM. A new device was suddenly listed. The name of that device was the serial number of the server that just got the PSP upgrade. The original service device is still there, but now it is missing the contract/warranty data and the VC agent data. When I go into the device with the serial number for a name, it says this device has had it's monitoring disabled permanently (or something to that effect). If I delete the two devices (the original server and the new serial number device) and run a manual discovery for the host, everything comes back fine. The server is found and all the data is where it should be. If I restart the server again, the same thing happens. Has anyone seen this behavior before? I'm hesitant to move forward with the upgrades if I'll have to make changes in SIM every time and would love to find a way to fix this. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.