Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install, can't login

SOLVED
Go to solution
BradV
Valued Contributor

New install, can't login

I just installed a new RHEL 6.5 server.  I then installed SIM 7.3 following the instructions in the "HP Systems Insight Manager 7.3 Installation and Configuration Guide for Linux," HP Part Number: 418811-403a.  I started firefox and connected to localhost:280 which re-directed me to https://localhost:50000/j_security_check.  At this point I put in my root account and password (which is what I used to install).  It keeps telling me sign-in failure.  I've tried using mxpassword, but "-g" gives me an internal error, and not sure how to use "-m -x ..."  Any suggestions on how to login for the first time?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: New install, can't login

I can only tell you that on Windows servers and i would guess on Linux the account that installed the software should be the only account that has access to logon to the SIM login page. Sim 6.3 has had a similar problems please read the following

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02952538&sp4ts.oid=489496

Kind regards,

Andrew
BradV
Valued Contributor

Re: New install, can't login

Yes, that is the error message I see.  I must have missed pam.i686 dependency.  Sheesh!  Come on HP!  Use 64 bit packages on a 64 bit OS!  Thanks for the link!  :)

Regards,

Brad