1753486 Members
4516 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No Product Name

Massimo Ripamonti
Occasional Contributor

No Product Name

I discovered a lot of systems. All systems don't have field Product Name, OS Name, etc.. valorized (only any printer).
Why?
7 REPLIES 7
Elinus Liga
Occasional Advisor

Do you install HP Insight Management agents?
Make sure the SNMP service is configured properly and run Identify System.
Steve York_1
Advisor

I have this exact problem with several servers as well, I have checked all my snmp settings, I have deleted and re-discovered the servers, I have run identify system.
I had started trawling through this forum from the beginning (some 173 pages!) and had got about 50 pages through and found nothing.
Steve York_1
Advisor

I have this exact problem with several servers as well, I have checked all my snmp settings, I have deleted and re-discovered the servers, I have run identify system.
I had started trawling through this forum from the beginning (some 173 pages!) and had got about 50 pages through and found nothing.

I will be very interested to see if get an outcome for this little problem :-)

Regards

Steve
Steve York_1
Advisor

Can you tell its the last day before the Holidays, I can't even make a single post correctly.

I install the proliant support pack and at present we are using version 7.40A, which when I check in VCA shows as v7.40 as well

Some of these servers are on remote sites, and have slower links, would this make a difference?

Steve
Elinus Liga
Occasional Advisor

Do the client sytems sit in DMZ zone?
Or do you have firewall between SIM server (CMS) and the clients that block SNMP traffic?
Albert_39
Advisor

If you open up the System management homepage of the affected systems does it say "Unknown" for the system type? If so, upgrade SMH to the latest version and if it's w2k3 server make sure that you added your insight manager server to the SNMP allow list.
Steve York_1
Advisor

Albert, Happy New Year and Thank you, absolutley spot on (for me anyway)

Upgraded SMH was still getting some systems being "unknown"

However I then checked the settings on the SNMP service, made the change the security settings to allow SNMP messages from the server, used options, discover, identify system and it all appeared.

Once again thank you for your assistance

Regards

Steve York