1748280 Members
3748 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No Trap Details For Disk Space 10005 or 10007

Jarrod Kline
Advisor

No Trap Details For Disk Space 10005 or 10007

After upgrading to HP SIM 6.0 I no longer see the trap details for disk space. The mib in question is cpqthrsh.mib. The event viewer on teh server in question has the trap details, it is like the CMS truncates it. I have back rev'd the cpqthrsh.mib and recompiled with no luck. I opened a case wiht HP, still wating for a resolution. Anyone have a fix?
8 REPLIES 8
Goonboon
Advisor

Re: No Trap Details For Disk Space 10005 or 10007

We too are having this same problem. It appears all traps sending out of HP SIM 6.0 appear to be missing their detailed OID's. I first thought it could be my 3rd party event management system so I sent the traps to a different SNMP Trap listener. When I send directly from the agent the traps are fine but as soon as I forward from HP SIM 6.0 we have missing OID information.
operator_2
Advisor

Hi,

I was having the same issue with disk thresholds, as each alert was being sent blank or with a generic message but no detail. I reinstalled the latest version of MIB's (8.4) and the problem is now resolved.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-fcd7e9d6e6b7450e81da6503e2

See link for Windows ver 8.4
Goonboon
Advisor

Reloading the MIB's for me did NOT fix my problem. The trap data is still blank.
Jarrod Kline
Advisor

I continue to have this problem with HP SIM 6.1 and the 8.5 MIBS. Anone ahve a fix?
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I have the same issue.
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

OK we are running HP SIM 6.0 that was a clean install on a fresh Win2008 install.

I just re-ran MIB pack 8.40 and tested by filling up a hdd after configuring it for disk space. 8.40 is bundled in HP SIM 6.0 so I figured I would try that first and then go to 8.50 if that didn't work, but it did.

I now see the trap details:

Trap Details
Variable Description Value

An administratively-assigned name for this managed node. By convention, this is the node``s fully-qualified domain name. XXXXXXX
cpqMeAlarmVariable 0
cpqMeAlarmSampleType absSuppressFallingTrap
cpqMeAlarmValue 90
cpqMeAlarmRisingThreshold 90
The entity that configured this entry and is therefore using the resources assigned to it. This string is used to model an administratively assigned name of the owner of a resource. This information is taken from the NVT ASCII character set. It is suggested that this name contain one or more of the following: IP address, management station name, network manager``s name, location, or phone number. In some cases the agent itself will be the owner of an entry. In these cases, this string shall be set to a string starting with ``monitor``. SNMP access control is articulated entirely in terms of the contents of MIB views;access to a particular SNMP object instance depends only upon its presence or absence in a particular MIB view and never upon its value or the value of related object instances. Thus, objects of this type afford resolution of resource contention only among cooperating managers;they realize no access control function with respect to uncooperative parties. Insight Web Agent
cpqMeAlarmSeverity warning
Mib data does not match the trap, make sure the latest version of the MIB is registered. The SNMP OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.10.2.2.2.1.13.2 D:New Volume [NTFS] disk space

Mib Information
The associated MIB File Name for this trap is cpqthrsh.mib and the MIB identifier CPQTHRSH-MIB
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello.

This case is very similar to this one :http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1436896
After running the 8.40 update, the problem disappeared.
But some days ago, I found the CMS was no longer sending alerts. I restarted the service, but SIM reimported all the mibs and the problem re-occured. I re-installed the 8.40 mibs, but this time the problem is not solved.
The problem occurs also with traps from the dell10892.mib file. So it is not related to a HP mib.
I removed and re-imported the cpsthrsh.mib but with no luck.
A solution from HP would of course be appreciated.
Kingsley Ho

I encountered this same issue this week after spending many hours on it, I contacted HP who advised that there was a patch which fixes this exact issue if you are running HP SIM 6.0, details below:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows60.html#hotfix

Scroll down to:
Hotfix Update Kit for HP SIM 6.0 - MS Windows x86 Download

Hope this helps...