6083 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No records found when setting up PMP

Michael Withrow
Advisor

No records found when setting up PMP

Hello,
I just installed HP SIM 5.0 SP4. I am trying to configure PMP. I did a discovery and the systems show up under "All Systems". I went into PMP and added the licenses, then hit "Update Server List", and I get No Records Found?
11 REPLIES 11
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: No records found when setting up PMP

Seeing the same issue on one my clients environment. But on another PMP seems to be working fine! I have tried to restart PMP service, upgrade to latest PMP version but it has not helped yet!
Wim Panhorst
Advisor

Hi,

I had the same problem with PMP this week. It has been an issue in several threads, and the bottom line is, that for PMP to work properly, it demands a good setup of SNMP. I therefore checked SNMP for those servers that did not show up after "Update Server List", and corrected some potential errors. Thereafter I deleted them from the data base, and started a new discovery process for them. Then they showed up fine after "Update Server List". So I suggest you have a look at your SNMP settings.

Have fun!
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Hi Michael,

'Updated Server List' refreshes the existing list of systems, with that of currently reachable systems, found by HPSIM through regular polling. Please check current network status either through Discovery or by running Identification & Data Collection Tasks (in Tasks & Logs menu) & then check, whether that system has already been licensed during first trial.

Thanks,
Pravesh
Michael Withrow
Advisor

Hello,
I went to "Tasks & Logs" and ran the tasks you specified. You stated to then go and verify systems where licensed for first use. How do I do that?
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

You can go to Options -> Performance Management Pack Options -> Licensing to view all systems, that has been / can be licensed for PMP.
Michael Withrow
Advisor

Hello,
That is the problem. When I go to the License Admin page there are no servers there to apply the licenses to.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

In the list of systems, if you find blue '?' icon against any of the systems in PF column, that means those systems can be monitored by PMP, provided they've license. You can click on that PF '?' icon, that'll take you different pages / steps to license that selected system. Otherwise, please go though 'support matrix' to check whether that system is supported by PMP.
Michael Withrow
Advisor

Hello,
I have 200+ HP BL20P G3 servers that I ran an automatic discovery on. When I go to "All Systems" in the "HS" column all are represented with a green check. In the MP column all have a white i in the SW column I have the green check white i and blue ?, in the PF they are all blue ?. IN VPM they are all white i. When I go to PMP Management page I see No records found.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Hi Michael,

If you still have same problem, you can provide some screenshots & log file (create an empty "pmplog.txt" in the PMP installation path, that'll be populated by PMP service).

Thanks,
Pravesh