Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753454 Members
6145 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Node added but not visible through HP SIM interface.

David_943
Advisor

Node added but not visible through HP SIM interface.

I tried manually discovering a node that I thought was missing and received the error that a system with that name already exists. However, I am unable to find a system with that name in "all systems" collection or by searching (for name, IP address, etc...).

mxnode -ld does list the correct properties of the node.

Forcibly removing the node using mxnode results in it being added back by mxadmin a few minutes later (and it still isn't visible through HP SIM). Auto-discovery is disabled. If I manually discover the node before mxadmin does, it will briefly be visible through mxnode with my account as the creator ("added by" field) but a few minutes later mxadmin will be the creator.

I can modify the properties of the node using mxnode but it still does not show up in HP SIM.

The purpose for fixing this node is that events associated with it are not visible either (thus we are not receiving alerts for this system).
2 REPLIES 2
David_943
Advisor

Re: Node added but not visible through HP SIM interface.

Node cannot be found in SQL database under "devices" or "deviceNames" tables. Node does have corresponding rows under "deviceProperties" table.

Not sure where mxnode is getting all of its information about the node since it is missing from those two critical tables.
David_943
Advisor

Re: Node added but not visible through HP SIM interface.

Manually inserted the missing rows into database tables using the information provided by mxnode.

Ran a mxconfigrepo -c and it didn't find any errors.