5351 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Not receiving SNMP traps from HP RPM 1.1

(VJ)
Advisor

Not receiving SNMP traps from HP RPM 1.1

Hi All

I have just installed HP RPM (HP Rack and Power Manager) on the same server that's running HP SIM 5 SP5. HP RPM is appearing under "System Web Application Pages" in "Tools & Links".

I have configured "SNMP Traps" in HP RPM as following:
Recipient List = Server name where the HP SIM is located (same server that HP RPM is on)
IP Address = IP Address of the server running HP SIM (same server that HP RPM is on)

I've tried issuing test SNMP trap but it does not appear in the list of events on HP SIM, it appears as if HP SIM never receives the SNMP trap.

I've also initiated several events on a UPS monitored by HP RPM which should have sent SNMP traps to the HP SIM Server, but same thing.

I have replaced and recompiled the CPQRPM.mib file with the one included with HP RPM, as per documentation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
VJ
2 REPLIES 2
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not receiving SNMP traps from HP RPM 1.1

Hi VJ,

This document should help you..

http://h20000.www2.hp.com:80/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00383560/c00383560.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Hope this works!!!!!

Regards,
rmn
(VJ)
Advisor

Re: Not receiving SNMP traps from HP RPM 1.1

Hi Ramesh

I have followed the steps in the document and after a bit of troubleshooting the xml code specified in the document I completed all steps. After that I did several more tests and I'm still not receiving any SNMP traps from PMP.

In addition I have lost all menu options in the HP SIM. All menues have simply disappeared and I can't get them back.

Cheers
Vjeko