Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748035 Members
4847 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Notification when devices come back online?

kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Notification when devices come back online?

Right now in SIM 5 I have a rule to notify on critical and major events (yes, just the one rule for now). While I don't want to be notified about informational and normal events, I would like to know when a device that has triggered a major/critical event by going offline comes back online (a reboot for example). Is there a way to create a rule such as this without generating a lot of relatively useless notifications?
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Notification when devices come back online?

Click on a Server name, and then click on the Events Tab. Pick a Server that has recently gone off line.
You'll see the Events generated for that Server only. Find the Events generated when the Device was found to be available again. You could create an Event Handling task based on that one event to inform you when that Event was triggered.
kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Re: Notification when devices come back online?

Thanks Rob. That's more granular than what I was planning to do. I was thinking about deleting the existing rule that is using a built in event definition and creating an event that would trigger on any event that is not informational. This way I could catch both the initial event and the "back in service" event with one rule. That would help since I have several groups to deal with, each with their own list of servers that they need to be notified about any events on. I wish SIM had the ability to create rules based on custom groups of servers. Maybe in SIM6!

Thanks again!