108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Old version of SMH

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

Old version of SMH

I'm slowely working on configuring all of our servers to work with HSIM. I came across a large amout of servers that have an older version of SMH. The logon gives you three choices. Administrator, operator, and user. The big problem is that nobody know's what the administrator password is. It's not the local administrator password. Is there a way of changing it so that I could gain access to the server?

Thanks,

john
4 REPLIES 4
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

You might check out this thread for resetting passwords on the old SMH:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=901434

It may require a reinstall of the older software or if there is a setup with the older software that you do know the password to then that thread has instructions on how to replicate those settings. Anyway it points to some helpful info on that.

If it is feasible you may consider the possibility of upgrading those systems to the latest SMH software - once it is upgraded it will use the OS based authentication.

Good luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

Rich,

I attempted to upgrade the SMH to the most recect version, but I wind up getting an error. "The agent does not trust the HP Systems Insight Manager server. Establish a trust relationship."
How do I create a trust relationship if I can't log into the SMH on the server?

Thanks,

John
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor
Solution

There are several possibilities - if you are using HPSIM and you want to establish a trust there is an option in HPSIM called Configure or Repair Agent Settings. The most recent versions of HPSIM have this feature. I would suggest if you have access to this option that you try it against one of the servers you are trying to get access to and see if it can get your trust setup. There are 3 different possible trust configurations, the Configure/Repair Agent Settings will only setup a certificate trust for you. That is ok because it is the only one of the 3 that HP recommends that you use.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

Rich,

Thanks for the info. I put together a procedure that starts off with configure and repair agents. That takes care of the password problem. Then I did an agent replication to get the rest working. Once all of this is done. I could go in and see what needs to be upgraded. I've checkd it out on a couple of different servers and it works beautifully.