New Discussion юеВ

Re: OpenSSH for the CMS server

SOLVED
Go to solution
seabass
Advisor

OpenSSH for the CMS server

Hi,

Is there a way to verify if OpenSSH is installed on the SIM (CMS) server itself?

I've been meandering through the Drop down menus, nothing jumps out at me.

To install it on the CMS server, is it simply a matter of going to the Deploy pulldown menu, selecting Deploy Drivers, Firmware and Agents and selecting Install OpenSSH and specifying the CMS server as the Target system?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
marsh_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

you can look in services on the system (if it's windows) for openssh for insight manager or at a command prompt on whichever os put in 'netstat -a' and look for it listening on port 22 or you could ssh to it from any ssh client or telnet on port 22 from any command prompt on any system with network access to th hp sim server or to itself !

HTH

seabass
Advisor

Howdy,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

A netstat shows our CMS listening on port 22.

OpenSSH Server is listed under services, so I'm guessing it was added with a Typical Install of Insight Manager (done by an HP rep)

This should allow us for the pushing of software such as the Virtual Management packs to ESX servers, HP software such as Version Control agent settings, etc., correct?

Again, thanks.

marsh_1
Honored Contributor
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

BTW you do have to install openssh on the target systems which you can do from the deploy menu in the gui.

HTH

seabass
Advisor

Yep, I caught that in the documentation.

Thanks again for your help.
seabass
Advisor

closed