4844 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Orange State on Server and MP

Lars Oeschey
Advisor

Orange State on Server and MP

Hi,

I can't find the reason for the following situation. In HPSIM I have a DL380 G7 with MP.

The server has both HS and MP in a orange state, the MP has HS in orange.

When I go to the server, and expand HS, the orange icon is besides SNMP, and also below besides MP.

When I go to the MP, and expand HS, the orange icon is besides SNMP Pass-through data.

I can't find any difference from this server to any other of our 200 servers in the SNMP settings. I already tried resetting iLO, snmp and health agents (OS is RedHat6 btw), still the same result. iLO logs are cleared and empty.

The only thing I found, is that one port of the Dual NIC of the server seems to not be connected (Link down), and bonding configured. Though I'd expect this to come up in the Servers Health Status, not somewhere on the MP? And at the Health Status of the server, everythings green. Only if I go to the System Management Homepage, I see that the NIC has a yellow (not orange!) state.

To me this looks like some communication problem between server, iLO and Insight...

10 REPLIES 10
Aasim
HPE Pro

Re: Orange State on Server and MP

Hi Lars

HS will be green only if none of the components are in degraded state

>if in case one of you port is not connected or link is down then the network option under HS will be showing as  degraded.

>Now until and unless the degraded option doesn go away the HS will still be showing as Orange

Screenshot1.JPG

There could be different reasons for MP to show status as Degraded, one of the most common issue

which I have come across is MP is not properly discovered with credentials.

Open SIM > Entre the IP of ilo > Delete the ilo from SIM

>Now perform new discovery of the ilo of that particular server

>Entre the correct credentials of ilo username and password and save

>Run the identification task of ilo

> Check if you ilo health goes green now

Hope this may help you

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Did you check the IML Integrated Management Log viewer already? Maybe some events that need to be cleared?

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Lars Oeschey
Advisor

it looks like this here:

sa0878.jpg

and I did of course check IML ;)

Lars Oeschey
Advisor

and this is what the MP inside the server looks like:

sa0878_mp.jpg

Lars Oeschey
Advisor

btw, we have some more servers in that state, however those are yellow...

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

I basically have this same issue on probably 100 servers or so.  They were discovered this way and none of the iLOs i have checked really have any issues.

What i've been doing is resetting them, then re-running a hardware poll and they go green.  I can only assume something went wrong during the original discoveries, but based on things I have done in SIM, i do not want to delete them all and re-discover them.  I am not using any special credentials for iLOs (and don't want to). 

You can ssh into an iLO and run a reset command (scripted if you using something like Plink).  

Lars Oeschey
Advisor

I tried deleting the server from HPSIM and then rediscovered, that didn't change anything

Lars Oeschey
Advisor

update: tried resetting iLO, and then rediscovery. Still no change (this is on a server with yellow state on SNMP and MP)

Lars Oeschey
Advisor

So, is it possible, that although we have HP servers for several Million Euros standing here, there is no official support for their monitoring, besides these forums?