New Discussion юеВ

Re: Overall System Status: Orange

SOLVED
Go to solution
BeltwayBenny
Advisor

Overall System Status: Orange

All,

I've got some systems (DL360 G4 and maybe others) that have an orange health warning on HPSIM for the Management Processor for:

Failed Home -> Management Processor -> Embedded NEC98431

Failed Home -> Management Processor -> Integrated Lights-Out

Failed Tasks -> Remote Management -> Remote Communication Options for Embedded NEC98431

We're not using the iLo yet, it's been left at the defaults and is not plugged in. Is this why the status is failed? Unfortunately, we're running various versions of the PSP (7.2 and higher) so the SMH on all the servers is at differenet versions.

What is the best way to fix these issues? We'll be adding in a lot of servers to HPSIM this week and would like suggestions for fixing these issues.

Thanks!

Ben
7 REPLIES 7
Bill Slobodnik
Frequent Advisor
Solution

If your not using iLO, you'll need to disable the Remote Insight Information agent in the Insight Agents applet in control panel. If you are planning on using iLO, this alert will disappear once iLO is plugged in and activated. By default, iLO is monitored by Insight and will show failed if the port is not used just like an unused NIC port
dougjef
Advisor

Another option is to rollback the ILO firmware to a version that does not report errors (I use v1.64 ILO) and it works fine with the newer agents.. When we decide to enable ILO, I put the latest ILO firmware back on the box. Easier for me to remember than having to disable agents.
BeltwayBenny
Advisor

I guess I'm going to have to remove the iLo settings on each system so the Insight agents don't report the issue. Hopefully I can find a way to automate this during install...

Ben
BeltwayBenny
Advisor

I found a better way (for us) to get this system green. Using the hponcfg.exe utility I have disabled the iLo nic interface. After a few minutes the local Systems Management Homepage reports the Embedded NEC98431 as "?" instead of orange. the overall systems status goes from Embedded NEC98431 (failure) to "no failed/degraded items"

How to:
hponcfg.exe /f nic_disable.xml

nic_disable.xml:

BeltwayBenny
Advisor

See my comments
Jim_
Advisor

Hello Ben - Did you run the HPoncfg.exe by creating a custom tool and push it out via the SIM console if not how did you do it?

Thanks,
Jim
BeltwayBenny
Advisor

At this point, we only use HPSIM for hardware alerts, we never went through all the servers that were affected.

We do now disable the ilo in our server build scripts.