3804 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OverallStatus OID?

Roberth Edberg
Occasional Contributor

OverallStatus OID?

Hi all,
Im looking for the snmp-mib containing the "OverallStatus" oid for HP Insight Agents. What mib and where can I find it?

Info:
OverallStatus, INT, Indicates the overall status of the device: 0 = UNKNOWN 1 = NORMAL 2 = WARNING 3 = MINOR 4 = MAJOR 5 = CRITICAL 10= NO STATUS (occurs for new devices or on startup before polling)

Best Regards,

Roberth Edberg, SEB
6 REPLIES 6
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Hi MIB file is "CPQHOST.mib" which states all above data.
you can find it in "hpsim\mibs" directory which default is "c:\program files\HP\Systems insight manager\mibs"

Thanks,
Ajay
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

if this is what u were searching? (if yes i should have points)
Roberth Edberg
Occasional Contributor

Well, not really. The cpqhost.mib contains "cpqHoMibCondition", which only show status 1=unknown, 2=ok, 3=degraded, 4=failed.

This solves my case if it covers the complete system, but I would be even more interested in the "OverallStatus" which I read about in the SIM documentation as that one had more severities (mentioned in my first post).

/Roberth

The interesting part of the cpqhost.mib:

cpqHoMibCondition OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX INTEGER {
unknown(1),
ok(2), -- default state
degraded(3),
failed(4)
}
ACCESS read-only
STATUS mandatory
DESCRIPTION
"The overall condition.

This object represents the overall status of the server's host
system represented by this MIB."
::= { cpqHoMibRev 3 }
Roberth Edberg
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, wrong by me. The interesting parts seems to be stored in the "cpqHoMibStatusArray". I just have to understand how to interpret it. Have you any idea?

/Roberth
Roberth Edberg
Occasional Contributor

The part I am interested in, as far as I understand, is the first 4 octets in "block0" of the Array. It stores the condition status aggregated of all other Mibs - If I understand it correct.

Below is an example of the complete Array. How do I dechiffer it?

1.2.8.0.1.2.1.10.1.2.1.17.1.2.1.1C.0.0.0.0.1.1.1.1D.1.2.1.13.0.0.0.0.1.1.1.16.0.0.0.0.1.2.1.4.1.1.1.15.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1.1.1.6.0.0.0.0.1.2.1.13.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.9.1.2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

/Roberth
Peter daSilva

I have just posted some examples to the HP FTP site, including a Perl script to parse the first element of the cpqHoMibStatusArray. The files are at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p1559310849/v58447/index.html with ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p1559310849/v58447/status_xml.pl being the Perl script in question.