Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748194 Members
4105 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P2V Migration with SMP (PhysicalDisk Copy Error)

NEETI TOLIA
Frequent Advisor

Hi Thomas,
I'll look into this updated info meanwhile, have you logged a support call ? If not, I would suggest please do to get appropriate help.
Neeti
NEETI TOLIA
Frequent Advisor

Hi Thomas,
I see you are trying to migrate 36 gb disk, does your SAN volume have around 40 Gb? Make sure you have enough space. In some cases the file size checks might not be 100% accurate, can you please confirm if you have required space available on target lun. It should not matter whether you are migrating to physical disk or san.

BTW, do you have ESX boot from SAN, not that it matters but just wanted to know.

Please go ahead and file a support call and you would get better help to resolve your issue.
NEETI TOLIA
Frequent Advisor

Forgot to mention that the hpvmmsvc.log needs to be sent along with migration log for the complete analysis. Also, quiscend the CMS and target machine of all other activities. Test the available bandwitdh between the two in this state (should be 100Mbit or 1Gbit) and retry the P2V
Thomas Bernadou
Occasional Advisor

Hi Neeti,

We have a 100GB volume on the SAN that we use as a staging area for P2V migrations (is there anyway around the requirement for an empty directory?).

I have logged a call with support and should hopefully seem some resolution soon. Whatever information comes back I'll be sure to post.