1748336 Members
3911 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PMP 4.0 in SIM 5.0 Service Starts then Stops

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Has the Server been rebooted since the PSP update?

Try stopping PMP and then restarting SNMP and all the dependent services and then restarting PMP.
It takes a while for PMP to come back on line after restarting the services.
FrankW
Frequent Advisor

That error message (Proxy) is the same one that I get, and it appears when the PMP service is not running. I have applied the latest support pack, then the latest SMH on top of that. I even went to the trouble of deleting HP SIM 5SP4, and re-installing it from scratch. I have rebooted the server more than once. I still have the same problem where PMP service starts, then stops. I still have the same error message in the PMP.log. This thing is not worth the money we paid for it.
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

I have rebooted the server and have waited a couple of days since the SupportPaq and still get the error.

The service shows as running when I get the error, however, when I stop and restart it I get to go to the licensing page once, but if I select anything else in the PMP admin or licensing areas, then the error shows up.

I agree with you Frank I have tried all the recommended updates and fixes and still have had no luck.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

You can log the information from PMP service. You just have to create an empty pmplog.txt in PMP installation path, that'll be populated by PMP.

Thanks,
Pravesh
blackhawk_1
Advisor

Hey todd..any luck on the issue ?
Dmitri Manushin
Advisor

I had the same problem today, before PMP work very well 3 month. So, i'm manually purge log, set delete records older than 7 days and when job is complete it start work normaly. I'm also note that PMP DB space was used 100%, autoincremental was set.

try my solution.
dr.hubato

Hi,

We just npticed on our 2003 Server SQL Database on the backend, that it is running pmpservice.exe at atleast 50% cpu usage. It has been running like this for a week now and we dont know what it is.

It says it is associated with Intel Server Management. Another process that is running is pmapservice.exe - I have been un-seccessful in finding out what their purpose is.

ANY information will help me and my team.

Thank You!
dr.hubato

Can I shut off PMPService.exe? will it effect anything?
JarekM
Occasional Advisor

We are running the latest software:
Version: Systems Insight Manager 5.1 with SP1 - Windows
Build version: C.05.01.00.02
Build date: 2007-04-11 17:26
HP Performance Management Pack 4.4

And experience exactly the same errors.
"The HP Performance Management Pack" service crashes with - "The HP Performance Management Pack service terminated unexpectedly." when we try to access PMP information / page on monitored server which previously worked fine.
To fix you have to restart two services - "The HP Performance Management Pack" and "HP PMP Tools" which gets things going but not for long.
After restart monitored server status is reported as "Unreachable Licensed Servers : 25" and their "monitoring status" is "blank" instead of "Started"

We found PMP software the most troublesome component of HP SIM platform. Although it can be very useful in server performance tuning / bottleneck finding it cases to much troubles since we started using it over a year ago.

Jarek
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

Jarek,
I have to agree PMP is the most troublesome service in HP SIM. I have the service running etc. and it doesn't stop immediately like it did before. However, I currently have a case open with HP now regarding not being able to see licensed systems in PMP. I am currently running HP SIM 5.1 SP1 and PMP 4.4. As with you I do use it for trouble-shooting and monitoring troublesome servers.