cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMP 4.1.1 - License Status - Unsupported Configuration

Michal Depa
Occasional Visitor

PMP 4.1.1 - License Status - Unsupported Configuration

I've just set up Systems Insight Manager 5.0 with SP5 with HP Performance Management Pack 4.1.1 on a ProLiant DL380 G4 server running Widows Server 2003 Standard Editon SP1. The problem I have is that I can't make PMP working. I've assigned licences (Deploy->Licence Manager->Deploy Keys) but when I walk through wizard in "Options->PMP Options->Configuration" I get License Status: Unsupported Configuration.

I've tried this procedure on ProLiant DL360 G4p (W2K3 SP1 STD) and 2 ProLiants DL380 G4 (first W2K3 SP1 STD second W2K3 SP1 ENT). All our servers are non-R2.

Let me know what can be checked in such situation or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Michal
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: PMP 4.1.1 - License Status - Unsupported Configuration

Check SNMP at both ends.
At the monitored server end, there needs to be an SNMP Community name set up that is the same as that configured in the global properties of HPSIM. It also needs to be configured to allow SNMP requests from the HPSIM Server as well as localhost.
I'm having a few issues with the new PMP as well as what seems to be a problem with the recent versions of agents.
Michal Depa
Occasional Visitor

SNMP is configured properly.

Initailly I had agent version 7.51. Now I've tried 7.50 & 7.40, but the resoult is still the same: License Status - Unsupported Configuration.

Do you have any other idea? What agent version works fine with Performance Management Pack.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

If those servers & agent versions on them are supported by PMP (as given in Support Matrix), you can either rediscover those servers or do H/W & S/W status polling before trying to license / configure those servers.

Thanks.