1753394 Members
7051 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PMP 4.4 Unsupported Configuration.

Alex Whittaker
Advisor

PMP 4.4 Unsupported Configuration.

I have PMP v4.4 installed and when i tgry to license one of my servers it says Unsupported Configuration.
Server
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition
7.80 agents
PMP V4.4
DL385 G2

It was working fine on theold HP sim server but i have had to wipe the HP SIM server and reinstallall the agents and the SNMP are setup correctly (as far as i know) i have 2 other servers running fine on the system. can anyone help
7 REPLIES 7
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

Re: PMP 4.4 Unsupported Configuration.

Alex,
Make sure that the server is identified in SIM properly. For example, it shows the OS description, server model # etc. as it should be in the HP SIM table. If those are correct then you need to make sure your agents are all running properly and it sounds like they are. SNMP has to be detected by SIM on the node for PMP to work on it, so looking at the description of the device in SIM make sure SNMP is a supported protocol.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

SNMP is key to getting PMP working correctly. So I'd recheck the settings.
Alex Whittaker
Advisor

I got it working i run data collection again on the server and it started to work fine. why is PMP so temperamental in working. Sometimes it works fine first time and other times it doesn├в t
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

Also, you want to make sure you have the System Management Homepage running on the devices you want to monitor.

By the way don't forget to assign points for responses to your questions.
Thanks.
ColinRP

I am trying to license a DL380 G5 server in our DMZ and I am getting an Unsupported Configuration in license status when trying to add it in the PMP configuration in HP SIM.
I tried first with PMP 4.4 but it did not work so I upgraded to PMP 4.6.

Details:
HP SIM 5.1 SP1
PMP 4.6
All necessary ports open for communication between SIM server and DMZ server.
I can do a hardware/software polling, SNMP Data Collectionm, test SNMP traps come through and SIM sees the server properly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

I have the same issue. I am trying to deploy PMP to a ProLiant DL585G2 running VMWare ESX 3.02 and I keep getting the error Unsupported Configuraiton.

I have validated System Management Homepage is installed, Management Agents and SNMP are all configured correctly.

Additionally, I am able to deploy PMP to the same server configuration on another server and it is working fine.

Is there anything that I am missing that I could check?

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

PMP needs VMM to work correctly for ESX Servers. At least that's what the errors indicate here in the logs whenever I try to use it.
For the 2003 R2 version you may want to try getting PMP 4.6.

As a note if you create a pmplog.txt file in the pmp installation directory pmp will log to it. Simply rename or delete the log for it to stop. It can be useful in some fault diagnosis.